Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Fuckin' Greggers

     "Fuckin' Greg man... fuckin' dick piece of shit!" I freaked and started yelling cause I had just been woke up being pushed off the bed by Greg.
      "Get up dude lets go," Greg instructed me.
      "No... go away man."
      "Lets go I got Jorge's shit man! Lets go! Come on boy!"
      "Why? Where's Jorge?"
      "Hes asleep next door, fuckin' hurry," Greggers said a bit quieter this time as he pulled out Jorge's  bud. He had jacked Jorge's stash, "Lets go shit-terd."
      And like the shit-terd I was I obeyed.  I knew better than to let him tag along with me but I obviously have not made very wise decisions in my life so far so why start now I figured.  I knew he was quit capable of equally robbing me and the money I had stolen myself. Every time I would fall asleep I would wake up wondering immediately where Greggers was and if he had jacked me yet. It was a very uneasy cloud of paranoia that got thicker in Seattle after we took off on Jorge. I really had to go. I wasn't going to be the one to stick back and explain to Jorge that my friend had robbed him, and after all he had smoked with us I felt guilty but not for too long. I was a little thief myself at the time hanging around Greggers dumb ass. My conscience I believe was there in tact because of values instilled in me by my parents, so the best way I knew how to diminish it was to get drunk or high. Like night and day I had become to those who knew me before my divulgence with these mind numbing gifts of magic, or so I thought at that time.
        Greggos and I used to ride around in my '85 Toyota Celica (w a sunroof I might add) and look for lawnmowers left out on the sides of people's homes or in opened garages that would give us access to even more shit to steal like power tools and what not. He had that I.D. that we were using to purchase alcohol with on our trip and to get motel rooms with. This was a real I.D., not a fake, it was just somebody else's I.D. that  Greggers had, and I know he hadn't stolen it. So it was pretty shady when we used it to pawn stolen shit with. This guy gets his license renewed and thought Greggers was just going to use his old I.D. to purchase alcohol with it. This was the thing to do when you were 16, having our buddies give us their expired license when they turned 18 and renewed. So this guy was trying to do Greggers a free favor only winding up unfairly intertwined to our crimes and the myriad of stolen goods pawned using his name.  All this heat reigned down upon Greggers when he went back to TX, and him robbing a Subway Sandwich Shop with a shotgun didn't help his cause in staying out of prison that year either.
        At this point in our journey I had run that $1300 down to a couple of hundred dollars a few days after we had separated from Jorge. Greggers felt the tension too and I was sick of him bumming off of me and he knew this.  Throughout the duration of those few days we spent a lot of that money trying to cross the canadian border. The first time we tried to cross on this bus that was associated with Am-Track,  the ride was included with the tickets that I had already purchased in Dallas. We got shut down every time, and because we were identified as runaways in the state of Washington they couldnt do anything. The law required the cops to offer us help from the local C.P.S. office and if we refused they had to cut us free unless we had broken any other laws. The second time we took a cab that cost like a bill there and back, again we got shut down. I don't recall how we tried again or what but man did we try every possible avenue in getting there it just wasn't happening.  So now Greggers was heading back to TX with some money he'd recieved wired to him from his girlfriend, and I turned on the hobo in me.... hitchhiking south back down Interstate 5.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment