Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Santa Barbara Drizzle

         It probably took around a good 24 hrs to reach Santa Barbara, which was the first stop to get out and walk around in this new state. I vaguely remember we had stopped in AZ also... but 12 yrs. later I vividly remember the atmosphere and that cool rain drizzled June morning in Santa Barbara. It was my first time in CA, and seeing the palm trees shake gently in the breeze made me want to stay forever even though I would be surrounded by "fruits and nuts," as this are the two main types of people that inhabit the state of CA. Pretty funny... my friend from CA told me that last year.  (We went on a cool ass spiritual sobriety Broken Neck AA retreat last year in Mammoth, and I will just barely miss going this year because I fucked everything up.... again. Being a foolish dope monkey) We stayed longer at some stops than others and I didn't really get to enjoy CA until my journey back thru a couple of weeks later. I just remember how inviting and crisp the air was there.
  

1 comment: