Tuesday, July 7, 2015

300 Dollar Drama

I got this window in mind,
where designer's kids dabble,
one year they wrote an adventurous melodrama,
they charged $300 a ticket and spent it all on candy and water guns,

I had won a radio station contest,
my prize was a ticket worth $300,
for a summer's minute I considered selling it,
I could have used the extra cash,

the stillness didn't hide behind the darkness very well,
as the curtains rarely hid their purpose when this window was open,
I hadn't figured any of this out yet,
anyways... by intermission I was only concerned with the orange hues cradled outside by dusk,

everyday for a year after the melodrama I lived in the clouds,
I embraced the cumulus enchantment- it still owed me one good chocolate whipped dream,
to close out the year's end I took a train ride throughout the Southwest,
trains help me sweat out any ridiculous excesses of intrigue... a turquoise mirage of beads,

was this year about me or them?
culminating chatter was released after opening the window again,
and years later the kids were all still applauded... they were hailed as child savants,
they all grew up to be idiots.





No comments:

Post a Comment